This is how we do it...
- Each chapter is one-per-industry.
- Each chapter virtually meets once a month on Zoom for 1.5 hours.
- Any meeting that falls on a holiday will be rescheduled.
- All of our meetings will be facilitated by Mark or Mary, who are not there to represent their own businesses, but to help you get the most out of your Step Ahead membership.
- Each member will submit a completed activity checklist via email each month. Results will not be read to the group.
- Members who sign in more than 10 minutes after the official meeting time will be considered late.
- No member will be allowed to belong to more than one chapter at a time, but members may transfer to other chapters.
- Groups are limited to 24 members to ensure that every member has the opportunity to be a featured speaker at least once per year.
- Commitment is on a per quarter basis to start, then annually thereafter.
- Each month we will hold inter-chapter open mixers in the evening.
- Members may visit another group no more than once per quarter for each group, as long as there is no category conflict with someone in that chapter.
- Facilitators will watch for and perform inter-chapter introductions that would be beneficial.
- Step Ahead does not discriminate against anyone on the basis of race, color, religion, gender or gender orientation.
Activities used to determine continued eligibility:
- Attendance & promptness
- Giving referrals to other members
- Meetings with other members outside of regular meeting times
- Bringing guests and/or new members to meetings
- Making useful introductions, even if it's not direct business
- Assisting other members with business related issues like finding office space or employees
- Offering discounts on goods & services to other group members
- Bringing relevant articles/education to the attention of the group
- Quarterly dues are $75, which include all of the benefits of membership (Not for profit organizations qualify for reduced rates).
- Credit card payments are subject to a convenience fee.
- No refunds except for extenuating circumstances
- Each meeting will begin with 10 minutes of open networking
- Each member will have 60 seconds to introduce themselves and/or answer a question related to networking
- At each chapter meeting two members will each be featured for 10 minutes for a combination of presentation and questions
- At the end of each chapter meeting, 30 minutes will be devoted to brainstorming/mastermind activities or educational activities/book discussions
- Any additional time can be spent on testimonials, announcements and good and welfare.
- 10% of net proceeds from each chapter will be donated to charity at the end of each quarter
- Members will nominate charities and all members will vote on which charitable organization will receive the donation that quarter.
Not For Profit (501c3) Representatives
Representatives of legal not for profit organizations have the option of joining a Step Ahead group at reduced rates. See The Rules for more detail.
If this sounds like your kind of business networking, please submit an application, or contact us if you need more detail.